Saturday, March 4, 2017

Thing 9: Databases & Search Tools

I couldn't help checking out

From there, I found Doctopus/Goobric instructions.  The instructions were "in owners trash" but I made a copy anyway.  I just hope they work and the directions weren't thrown away because they were faulty.  

Basically, these two will link together so that rubrics can be graded electronically and emailed to students.

I have to modify the directions a little as my students already finished and turned in their assignments.  Let's see how this goes...

After a long time following the directions it worked!!  It is actually pretty neat and while I had to backtrack a little and modify I found it a lot more fun than grading the rubric on paper.  Below are the links to my final results.  I purposely left out a few sheets necessary to complete to get to the final spreadsheet.

Overall, I like the process but I need to report the CONS as well.  First and most importantly learning it is VERY time consuming.  As you all know, teachers have sooooo much free time that why should that ever matter? :P  Right?!!!  I was determined to finish the "project" and so I stuck with it.  I'd be lying, however, if I said I didn't think about abandoning the whole thing a few times.  Secondly, in the end, I still needed to calculate the final grades.  That part didn't take long but for the amount of time it took me to set up, I thought perhaps the process would do my laundry for me as well.  (Sigh)

So I recommend it if, and only if, you have time.  Summer fun perhaps???

The instructions:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1otOyzwgVcp9Qhi0vsCrIyqnz821FFg67O9X9Vo_gI5E/edit

The Rubric:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZCENs6P3jncKaJN7Ke4g2BEOkBcKkyzcupqdvWA9yrY/edit#gid=0

Final Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/134tF-j0SLRERCwHyodKoLvja1Kpd2OYB2E5DsgbK6yM/edit#gid=122540047




No comments:

Post a Comment