Saturday, March 4, 2017

Thing 30: Flash Cards, Quiz Games and More

All hail Kahoot!!!

THIS is a gem!  Everybody should try this.  My students love it and they learn with it.

Teachers need to go the the getkahoot.com sign in, create a free account and then create, or search for, Kahoots.  The best part about Kahoot is the fairly extensive amount of public Kahoots already available.  So far, I have yet to create my own and I've searched for the following with results:

Literary devices
Rhetorical devices
Othello
Author's purpose
Understanding Rhetoric (graphic textbook)
Hamlet
RTI (Response to Intervention)

Yesterday our Kahoot topic was rhetorical devices and techniques.  The particular list I selected had questions that involved some devices we had yet to cover.  The students were up to the challenge and I noticed they were critically thinking to choose the best answer.  Those who got the the difficult questions correct actually started clapping.  We had so much fun and they loved the challenge.  It was a great way to "introduce" new devices and techniques.

I know my students well and I am looking forward to officially introducing the new terms covered in the Kahoot.  I feel fairly certain that a few of them will recognize the term at the very least which will motivate them to learn the word more so than without the Kahoot point of reference.

Teachers, go ahead and "treat yo'self"; play Kahoot with your students.

1 comment:

  1. What a great result you had with Kahoot! I have to confess to loving it too. I need to think of a way to use it in a tech and reading workshop coming up. Good after lunch activity.

    ReplyDelete