Friday, February 24, 2017

Thing 31: Digital Portfolio

First, I need to vent.  LOL  :P

I tried for over an hour to sign up for/play with/investigate/learn about the WeLearnedIt digital portfolio resource which was a selection in the section below.

The site advertises three account levels: free, classroom ($), and school ($$).  After searching for a while, I realized that there is no way to select the free option.  

I decided to try getting the app as it advertises to download it from the (Apple) AppStore (I'm using a MacBook Air).  I downloaded it via Itunes which is where the AppStore takes you when you Get it.  It worked; I have the app in my Itunes library.  However, I cannot open it or use it; it's just there.

So, I'm disappointed.  After reading and playing with Seesaw, Google Sites, and only reading about WeLearnedIt, I definitely liked the last the most. I like (in so far as it indicates anyway) that it is set up for portfolios and feedback.  I don't care for webpages and that's what turned me off about Google Sites.  I want to use something just for portfolios and Seesaw seems a bit elementary.  Sure, my students would find Seesaw easy and all that, but it really feels like it's for younger students and I'm teaching 11th and 12th grade including AP courses.

I would love some feedback regarding the WeLearnedIt resource.  I very well may be overlooking something that I need to do.  It most definitely wouldn't be the first time.  :D Until then, I will find something else to play with for portfolios and continue what I find on this blog.  

Over and out for now.  Please contact me if you have had the same problem or can help me get over my mistakes!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is weird! I just did some noodling around trying to find some info and can't find anything. So I'd say they've done away with their free option. Odd that it would be on the webpage still.

    ReplyDelete