Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Thing 1: Blogging


Welcome to my new blog!  

I'm Kara Muddle and naturally, people call me Mudd.  I actually like it. Considering all of the possible synonyms available for my last name, I'd much rather be associated with something earthy.  My students at James Monroe High School in Rochester NY love finding my last name in the dictionary; we have a good laugh.  They call me MuddBud which is quite endearing.

I'm excited to participate in the Cool Tools program because I have a love/hate relationship with technology.  I love to use it and I think it can be a wonderful way to awaken students to learning.  Technology blows my mind.  There, I wrote it.  It's true though!  I can't believe all there is to learn and do with it!  My life, and my students' lives would be missing something without it.  I hate it because for many, it is taking place of three dimensional, sensory experiential living.  Like all things, finding a balance is key.

I've learned that creating a blog isn't all that difficult and can actually be enjoyable.

Thanks for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you sound like me. I love/hate tech too. It is mindblowing indeed. I just bought a little device that takes EKG readings through my phone. Mind blown... But I also relish spending hours digging in my garden and growing things. That kind of blows my mind too. :)

    ReplyDelete